Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Coat Closet to School Station


School is starting soon and that means it's time to get organized! I have 4 kids in school and if I don't get an area organized for them, then I won't be able to function and neither will they.


So I got this wild idea to turn my coat closet (which really was just a junk closet that I had to really push the door in order for it to stay closed) into a school station. I wish I would have taken a before picture!

I put 3 shoe shelves inside the closet. It holds containers of pens, pencils, crayons, glue, markers, etc. Everything my kids need to do homework and will need later in the year to replenish their school stash. I have a brown filing container on the top shelf that I use to file their papers away that I want to keep. I also have an "In Box" that they will place anything I need to review in that basket. My kitchen counters will finally be clean.
I plan on having 2 "Out Boxes". One by the front door for the kids who leave out that door for carpool and one by the garage door for the kids who leave through that door in the morning. The boxes will hold papers that I filled out the night before, special notes or money for lunch. Sometimes I don't get to see all the kids leave in the morning, so this will work out great.

Check back soon for pictures of my newly organized laundry room where they kids will store their backpacks. I love back to school organizing.
I used an over the door shoe holder to put gloves, hots and scarves in. This shoe hanger was great because it had nice attachments at the top and at the bottom of the door. So it does not swing and bang around everytime you open the door.
~Organized Funky Monkey~

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Lisa! It has come in really handy since school started. The kids love it because it's like they are going shopping for school supplies from the comfort of their own home. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool! I'm so happy you were able to find a very functional solution that works for your family. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

The Mommy Card

TheMommyCard.com

tracker